IRCC has updated the online processing tool to provide accurate information on Canada Visa Processing time in 2022. This update was part of the effort to modernize the Canadian immigration system and was announced by immigration minister Sean Fraser on March 31, 2022. This article enlists latest processing times from IRCC as of April 12, 2022.
What Updates Does the Processing Time Include
In addition to accurate processing times, this tool is supposed to provide new weekly calculations from the previous six months’ data. Moreover, it will reflect the application volume with operational challenges to help future immigrants plan their journey better.
However, the earlier processing time tool only reflected service standards, IRCC’s commitment to process applications under normal circumstances. These service standards are not for all applications and are not regularly updated.
Calculating Processing Times
IRCC calculates processing time based on its time to process previous similar applications. The processing time begins when IRCC receives the application and ends when the immigration officer has decided on the application. Moreover, the processing time may vary on how the application was submitted on paper or online.
Current Processing Times
Current immigration data reveals about 1.84 million people are awaiting processing. However, some improvements in processing time are seen with express entry applicants. Still, IRCC is struggling to process applications due the impact on Covid-19 pandemic. Below are some of the current processing times.
Processing time for Express Entry under Economic Class
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC): 8 months
- Federal Skilled Worker (FSWP): 27 months
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP): 37 months
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) through express entry: 22 months
- Non-Express Entry PNP: 28 months
- Quebec skilled worker: 31 months
- Quebec business class: 64 months
- Federal Self-employed: 41 months
- Atlantic Immigration Program: 14 months
- Start-up Visa: 31 months
Processing Time for Family Sponsorship
- Spouse or common-law partner living outside Canada: 20 months
- Spouse or common-law partner living inside Canada: 16 months
- Parents or Grandparents: 32 months
Processing Time for Temporary Residence Application
- Visitor visa outside Canada: Varies by country (India: 121 days)
- Visitor visa inside Canada: 11 days online and 42 days by paper
- Visitor extension: 213 days online and 212 days by paper
- Parents or grandparents Super Visa: Varies by country (India: 122 days)
- Study permit outside Canada: 13 weeks
- Study permit inside Canada: 5 weeks
- Study permit extension: 64 days online and 179 days by paper
- Work permit outside Canada: Varies by country (India: 53 weeks)
- Work permit inside Canada (initial application or extension): 133 days online and 205 days by paper
- International Experience Canada: Current season – 3 weeks
- Electronic Travel Authorization: 5 minutes
How Expressway Immigration Can Help?
Expressway Immigration is the leading immigration consultancy in Chennai, India backed by an efficient and professional team. Our Immigration professionals have helped more than 40,000 applicants to get PR visas to settle in Canada successfully. We are known for an excellent success rate which redefines our expertise and track record in immigration services. We ensure an error-free application process so you can easily get your Canada Permanent Residency visa.
- Free Eligibility Assessment
- Free Initial Consultation
- Job Experience supporting document
- Profile Evaluation
- Resume Writing
- Proof of Funds documents
- language competency training
- Documentation Assistance
- Professional guidance
- Dedicated Case Officer
- Assistance to get Police Clearance Certificate to all countries
- Assistance for Bio-metrics & Medicals
- Post-Landing Services
Do You Want to Apply to the Express Entry Program in 2022?
If you plan on applying to the Canada Express Entry Program in 2022 to obtain Canadian permanent residency, you should get the help of a legal immigration professional to prepare your application.
Getting help from Expressway Immigration Consultant may boost your chances of qualifying for immigrating to Canada in a short span of time.
Book a free consultation and start your Canada Immigration process now !
Interested in learning more about your options to immigrate to Canada? Complete our free online assessment form today!
Visit us today to know your eligibility to qualify for upcoming Express Entry and PNP draws to obtain Canada PR in a quick time.
709 Prince Center Building, 205 Second Floor, Pathari Road Lane, Mount Road, Anna Salai, Thousand Lights East,
Chennai-600006, Tamil Nadu, India.
Work Hours: Monday – Friday (09.00 am to 5.00 pm) ; On all Saturdays (09.00 am to 2.30 pm)
Need Immigration Help?
Book a consultation and start your immigration process now!
Call: +91-8939263766 | +91-9566677734