PEI PNP Express Entry Application Process
The PEI PNP Express Express Entry category operates through an Expression of Interest (EOI) system. This means foreign nationals must express their interest to apply and obtain an invitation to be able to submit an application to the PEI PNP.
1. Assess eligibility for Canada’s Federal High Skilled economic programs.
To be eligible to apply for the PEI Express Entry Stream, foreign nationals must already be registered in the federal government’s Express Entry selection system. To enter the pool of Express Entry candidates, individuals must meet the requirements of at least one of Canada’s main economic immigration programs: the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), Federal Skilled Trades Program and the Canadian Experience Class.
The PEI PNP Express Entry category offers two pathways to permanent residence depending on whether or not a foreign national has a job offer in the province.
2. Create a profile in PEI’s EOI system.
The Government of PEI does not charge a fee to anyone interested in creating an EOI profile. To create an EOI profile, foreign nationals will be asked to provide a valid email address and identification information (including passport details). Once verified by the province, an EOI profile will remain active for six months. Candidates must ensure the information provided in their profile is accurate and verifiable. It is important to note that an EOI profile submission is not an application, but an indication of interest in being considered to apply to the program.
3. Receive an invitation to submit a complete application for a provincial nomination to the Government of PEI.
During periodic draws, the PEI PNP issues invitations to apply for a provincial nomination to eligible highest-scoring candidates.
4. Prepare and submit an application for a provincial nomination with all the necessary original documents within 60 days.
Candidates invited to apply must complete all the required forms, gather the necessary supporting documentation and ensure that a complete application package is submitted to the PEI Office of Immigration, along with the application fee, within 60 days of receiving an invitation.
5. Accept the PEI nomination through their MyCIC account (if an applicant receives a nomination from the Government of PEI)
Nominees must receive a federal Invitation To Apply (ITA) before they can submit an application for Canadian permanent residence to the Government of Canada.
6. Submit an application for Canadian permanent residence to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) (if a federal ITA is issued).
If the application for Canadian permanent residence is approved, the foreign national must report landing to the Government of Prince Edward Island within 30 days of arriving in the country.
EOI Draw Schedule
NOTE: The dates below reflect an expected draw schedule released by the PEI Office of Immigration. The Office of Immigration reserves the right to modify the schedule based on program requirements. This table will be updated periodically.
Who is not Eligible to Apply for the PEI PNP Express Entry Category
Individuals currently working in PEI on a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) are not considered eligible, unless they meet the following conditions prior to applying:
- Have at least six (6) months of full-time experience working for the PEI employer, and
- Have at least four (4) months remaining before the expiration of their work permit at the time of submitting an application to the PEI Office of Immigration.
If currently in Canada, individuals must demonstrate that they have legal status. This means that if an individual is in Canada on a study permit, but is not studying, he or she is not eligible to apply.